2nd gen lift question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badandygonzalez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay guys I am new here and I dont really know my way around yet. Maybe you can help me? I am preparing to lift my 98 Dodge Ram 1500 with a five inch Superlift springs. I have ordered extented upper and lower control arms, a drop down track bar bracket, new track bar, dropped pitman, and sway bar brackets so the front end is set. My question is what do you suggest for the rear? Add a leafs? Blocks? Shackles? Or a combination? I really would like to hear from someone whos actually done this already. I appreciate your thoughts, thx.

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Well you're off to a good start! I've always thought a new leaf setup or add a leaf are the best options because blocks can wear down your leafs quicker and long shackles look funny in my opinion

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
3" add a leaf will sit you level with the front.

Dont forget longer shocks front and rear.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Stacking locks is good for a pavement pounder or for mild off road. Add a leaf is better , and like I'd did full new rear leaf spring packs.