3 inch level kit install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
got my 3 inch spacers in today, broke some stuff in the process, sway bar links rotted in half, replacing those tomorrow and does anyone have any expierence with the flag nut on the lower track bar bolt being just about useless? i dont know if the flag part of it stripped or what but the bolt just keeps spinning after i broke it loose, and also, are the stock brackets for the sway bar supposed to have two different sized bolts on each one? top one on mine looks like the factory bolt and the lower one is a little bit bigger and just keeps spinning as well. pictures will come soon!

dave1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.o v10
3 inch level kit

try to pry on the boult end as you turn it, some times you put the nut back on and smack with good size hamer ie 3 lbs hammer,nut on wit save threads once you have flush with side of bracket use punch and keep on center of bolts if you have new bolts no worrys smack with authority no ***** swings, a few hard equals many light ones, 20 plus years doing this stuff good luck

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
got my 3 inch spacers in today, broke some stuff in the process, sway bar links rotted in half, replacing those tomorrow and does anyone have any expierence with the flag nut on the lower track bar bolt being just about useless? i dont know if the flag part of it stripped or what but the bolt just keeps spinning after i broke it loose, and also, are the stock brackets for the sway bar supposed to have two different sized bolts on each one? top one on mine looks like the factory bolt and the lower one is a little bit bigger and just keeps spinning as well. pictures will come soon!

Make sure the flag on the nut for the track bar isnt broken. I broke mine changing it, had to torch it out. Try heating the sway bar bracket bolts up a little and try to get them out. I cant remember if the top is a different size or not.

OP
OP
O

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Make sure the flag on the nut for the track bar isnt broken. I broke mine changing it, had to torch it out. Try heating the sway bar bracket bolts up a little and try to get them out. I cant remember if the top is a different size or not.

thanks man ill try my best tomorrow. my axle still seems sort of centered i cant tell if its because my bushings are that shot or what but she sits perfectly level now and it looks awesome. had to drive it out of the garage and a mile down the back roads to home at night without the sway bar or shocks hooked up and let me tell you, it was like being in a bouncy house!

Killerb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500

Can't wait to see some pics, in the process of doing a 3'' lift also.

OP
OP
O

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Can't wait to see some pics, in the process of doing a 3'' lift also.

ill get some before i go to work and ill upload them tonight! my track bar barely moved with the lift so i dont think im gonna fight it in the middle of the winter gonna wait till spring to change it. autozone gave me the wrong sway bar links... i got one that was the right one and got my sway bar brackets on today. ordering new shocks tonight

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
With 3" lift the trackbar is now too short and you are dog tracking/eating front tires and out of spec. The size of that flag nut is 21mm, open end only will fit and its tight to get that in there. After the lift did you take it in for an alignment? It needs one.

OP
OP
O

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
With 3" lift the trackbar is now too short and you are dog tracking/eating front tires and out of spec. The size of that flag nut is 21mm, open end only will fit and its tight to get that in there. After the lift did you take it in for an alignment? It needs one.

its going soon very soon once i get new shocks.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You don't need new shocks to get an alignment done.

OP
OP
O

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
heres a couple before and sort of after pictures. keep in mind im still NOT done with the lift, im waiting on shocks another end link (thanks autozone), and i still have to install track bar bracket.
Before: (best pic i had) also, the truck sits perfectly level know for those who are wondering
mabfx3.jpg
2wmnjlv.jpg
After: this will have to do for now
25arc5d.jpg

I appreciate all the postitive feedback and what not. The trucks not currently registered so don't go telling me it needs an alignment and stuff like that, i did my research and i'm well aware of that. thanks!:roflsquared:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I appreciate all the postitive feedback and what not. The trucks not currently registered so don't go telling me it needs an alignment and stuff like that, i did my research and i'm well aware of that. thanks!:roflsquared:

I offered up some basic advice, how was I supposed to know it has no paperwork. I will stay out of your threads from now on.

OP
OP
O

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I offered up some basic advice, how was I supposed to know it has no paperwork. I will stay out of your threads from now on.

I didn't mean to come off as rude at all, i just know someone else was gonna ask about it and i didn't want to repeat myself twice. thats all