7" lift on 98 ram sport will this work...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramburger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
So your smarter than all the r&d people at sj? That what your saying right.

na just saying they dont want to deal with any after the fact probs if there were in fact any, nvr heard of any myself either damn i must be the only guy who ever did it b4, right bro?:baby:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Ok well there is a tsb for renforcing the the spring tower already. They are a weak link in the front suspension. Lowering the springs let's call it the upper mating point will add to the stess point. The three little bolts that hold the spring spacer in place I would not trust at all.

Last edited:

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Lol I just gonna assume most of you are 12 and that's why you act this way, I'll post pics of it finished and nice an safe so you can learn that your why isn't the only way. Ignorance is bliss I suppose

ight its been like what 4 months, where are your pics of it finished nice and safe? :flipthebird:

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Just read that whole thing in one sitting. Head hurts. Need a beer. Gonna go home and combine my 5 inch Rough Country with my 5 inch Skyjacker. This 10 inch lift is gonna be sweet!

:hidesbehindsofa:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Whoa.
I thought of something.

Let's say a stock spring is 12" tall. Add a 2" spacer. OK.
Going extreme, say you use a 7" lift spring for 19".
Now, knowing how coils work. When compressed they want to spit out sideways.
Squeeze a pen spring.
Add a spacer, just adds another seam to fail. Something else to fall out of place. Adds looseness.
Works on a small stock spring, may work on lift springs, but not advised as it could possibly attribute to failure. Not that it will or will not.
Not RECOMMENDED.
Thinking of the springs bolted on the bottom and loose on the top, if your suspension flex enough to allow the spacer to fall out.... ooh. Trouble.
Sure, possible to flex stock. But unlikely. Lift suspensions usually flex way more than stock.
Either way, I get it now.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Ah faaaahhkk lol
Now if I weld two stock springs together and add a spacer I could get 14" off lift. Put in two 3" BL's for an additional 6". Stack blocks in the rear, offset with double add a leafs to raise the back. Remove the shocks, as they're to short anyway.