99 1500 Struts to Coilovers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redneck760

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l Magnum
Looking to upgrade my front suspension on my 99 1500 4x4. Currently have only a 4'' coil spacer on it. Is it possible to put in coilovers without weld/fab work? I know nothing about struts, and i know spacers arnt great for your axles.

mhylman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's what I thought if you are worried about the spring spacers putting stress on the axles they don't really do anything worse than if a lift is done properly. With that said I personally dont like spring spacers as I am very rough with my truck and they have been known to shift and break if aluminum and the rubber ones just don't look reliable to me at all. I would recommend removing the spacers and replacing the coils with lifted coils.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
^ this in my opinion is a MUCH more reliable and strategic way to lift more than 2"

OP
OP
R

Redneck760

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l Magnum
Thanks for the help, like I said I know nothing about struts! Haha, will deffintly get lifted coils, what brands do you guys like? And it will need 4" lift shocks as well?

mhylman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you already have the spacers installed then the shocks you have should be fine unless they are just maxed out all the time. Any brand should be fine. Skyjacker, tuff country, rough country, superlift, procomp are some big names if you didn't know.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You can install coilover shocks in these trucks without any welding or fab work, you can buy bolt in upper shock mounts from a couple of places. Our gen trucks have an coil-spring front suspension with shock absorbers, we don't have a macpherson strut type suspension like the newer gen trucks have.

Coil-springs you can look at a skyjacker D50=5" lift about $200 for the set, BDS might make then in a 5" not to sure about that.

kpd12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
BDS 5" coil part number is BDS032501 can be found for about the same price as the skyjacker or even a little less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk