Ball Joint Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProjectSlim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8 Magnum
So i lifted my truck with a coil spacer on top of a spindle lift in order to level it out now my ball joint are going out because being at such a bad angle. Has anyone had this problem? If so please help.

jakes69dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you tried the offset ball joints, they might correct the angle enough to not wear out so fast.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
If you have a 2wd truck, the balljoints are a pain to do. You have to drill them out as they are riveted on.

Good thing is once it's done if they wear out again, you only have to undo the 3 - 4 bolts for each one on each side, and slide in the new ones.

Also, good idea to get an alignment once you redo these.

Hemiluv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummons 6.7 Turbo Charged
Id look at some Zones Upper Control arms. They are made for Lifted Trucks to not put the stress on the ball Joints. This is why they say to replace them if your going over 2.8 inches with something else so you don't have this issue. Id check out the Zones but there are other manufactures that make them also.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Id look at some Zones Upper Control arms. They are made for Lifted Trucks to not put the stress on the ball Joints. This is why they say to replace them if your going over 2.8 inches with something else so you don't have this issue. Id check out the Zones but there are other manufactures that make them also.

Good advice

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
This is the 2nd gen section, no zone uca's for our trucks. Though if OP went with spacers bigger than 2" he will need new uppers. i think Doetsch tech is the only ones who still make them. Fabtech used to.