Best/cheapest lifted parts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hockeyadc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Just bought a 97 ram 1500 and it needs ssuspension work. Figured I might lift it but I know nothing about what to buy for a lifted truck. Where do I start?

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Fix the suspension before you lift it. Also, please be aware that lifting will accelerate front end wear.

You tell us where you want to start. Whats your goals for the truck? What do you want to do with it? Ya actually gonna use a lifted truck for what its built for or just want a street truck?

OP
OP
H

hockeyadc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Fix the suspension before you lift it. Also, please be aware that lifting will accelerate front end wear.

You tell us where you want to start. Whats your goals for the truck? What do you want to do with it? Ya actually gonna use a lifted truck for what its built for or just want a street truck?

Thanks for the reply. I fixed the suspension and front end this past weekend. New struts, and wheel hub assembly. Also rotors and pads and it drives great.

I did some more research, and I think I just want to level the front end. Doing some measurements it looks like I need a 2.5" lift on the front. Are coil spacers the best way to do this?

I'm only using it for a street truck, and driving in the snow in the winter. Not looking to spend a ton of $ on this truck, but if I can level it for cheap I might as well. I need some new tires too, so that's the next step.

Forgive my ignorance, this is my first truck. My daily driver was/is an 04 Infiniti G35. I could fit that thing in the bed of this truck just about lol.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for the reply. I fixed the suspension and front end this past weekend. New struts, and wheel hub assembly. Also rotors and pads and it drives great.

I did some more research, and I think I just want to level the front end. Doing some measurements it looks like I need a 2.5" lift on the front. Are coil spacers the best way to do this?

I'm only using it for a street truck, and driving in the snow in the winter. Not looking to spend a ton of $ on this truck, but if I can level it for cheap I might as well. I need some new tires too, so that's the next step.

Forgive my ignorance, this is my first truck. My daily driver was/is an 04 Infiniti G35. I could fit that thing in the bed of this truck just about lol.
Awesome good to hear. Since you say struts I assume you have a 2wd truck, since the 4x4's dont have struts.

A 2.5" hell bent steel level should do exactly as you want. If you need more clearance you can do a 3" body lift for like $300 id guess. With a level, you should be able to clear 285's.

Not a problem, got to start somewhere and thats what we're here for! :D

OP
OP
H

hockeyadc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Awesome good to hear. Since you say struts I assume you have a 2wd truck, since the 4x4's dont have struts.

A 2.5" hell bent steel level should do exactly as you want. If you need more clearance you can do a 3" body lift for like $300 id guess. With a level, you should be able to clear 285's.

Not a problem, got to start somewhere and thats what we're here for! :D

Thanks, it actually is 4x4, not 2wd. I meant shock absorbers not struts lol.

Will the 2.5" hell bent steel level still work? Someone above mentioned taking the springs off a 2500, will this work?

OP
OP
H

hockeyadc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Great thanks a lot. One more question. It was mentioned that with the level I should be able to clear 285's. What is the exact size I should look for? 285x*x16, what to put for *?