custom step bar brackets on 8" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy_Bogginz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Figured this was the best spot to post, new here. So I have a 97 1500 with a 4"body lift and 4" suspension lift sitting on 315-75-16's (35-36's basically). Now I got some second hand nerf bars that measured will mount from the front cab mount to the front bed mount. I have 1/4" aluminum plate bent for a custom front mount that comes down about 5-6", I figured that would be far enough down. The alum is basically bent into a c channel shape that mounts to the bar, with another part of it bent over the top to mount onto the cab mount. Its plenty sturdy lol. Hard to picture though I know. Now I want to pull the front bed mounts out and put the back brackets there, but I'm looking at about 10-11" from the bed mount to level with the other mount. So I was looking at this piece of L bar steel at home cheepo that's 1-1/2" by 1/8" thick that I could cut to length. I was thinking since its L stock I could cut one side of the L through to where it meets the other side then bend it to make the braclet. Its hard to picture I know lol. I was wondering if anyone would think this would support well? I would like it to support about 350-400 pounds just to be safe on each bracket. I'll upload a visual aid in a little bit when I get home, on the phone now and can't exactly upload lol. I will also link to the steel I was planning on using and explain more.

OP
OP
M

Muddy_Bogginz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.jpg