The final lift check list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
So finally decided to go forward with the RC 2.5" leveling kit and new variable rate stock coils from rockauto to lift it roughly 3" from where it sits now(because I am thinking the 14 yr old coils have sag a bit over the years). I am also putting on a drop bracket for my sway bar that is designed for 2.5" lift.

My question for you guys is what would you guys to do your other suspension components (track bar, pitman arm, etc) with this setup?

I've read alot that have said your fine just put the lift on and I have also read a few thay were suggesting even doing the control arms, track bar, pitman, sway bar.

I have a buddy at a 4x4 shop that said he can fab up a track bar bracket and that there is enough adjustment in the tierods that we can adjust it the same amount as the track bar drop bracket. I think this would elminate the chance of death wobble?

Thank again guys, you have all been an enormous help!

OP
OP
M

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
You're only lifting the front 2.5" so you're fine with just the coil spacers.

Thanks for the confirmation! Would it be "smart" to do anything else?

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No need for anything else man. You'll be fine. You'll be just fine with the spacers and new coils.

OP
OP
M

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
No need for anything else man. You'll be fine. You'll be just fine with the spacers and new coils.

Thanks! just asking because I wanted to be 100% sure I only have to do this once and then I can forget about it :favorites13:

OP
OP
M

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Was talking to a buddy and he said he would replace tie rod ends and track/sway bar bushings...

Are the track bar bushing a press fit or can't it be done by hand? How many tie rods are on the truck?( sorry I can just go outside and look cuz its in the shop getting a new tranny)