Gaps with body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I've got a 2.5" leveling lift kit ready to go in my truck, but I know it won't be tall enough to keep the tires from rubbing so I want to get a 3" body lift, are there gaps In between the bumpers and the body? And how hard is it to put in? Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 81

Gaboy02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
The kit should come with bumper brackets to raise them as well. If you take your time and are somewhat compatent with hand tools you should be able to do it with out any problems.

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
How did you prep/paint your front bumper? :High 5:

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The PA kit should come with bumper brackets to raise and keep them level. May want to look into gap covers as well.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Don't need gap covers for the rams as we have wheel well liners that cover it with the bl.

OP
OP
97_ram

97_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
How did you prep/paint your front bumper? :High 5:

I popped the plastic off, sanded the chrome down with a low grit orbital sander, and then higher count sander, used some self etching primer, then normal primer and sanded that smooth the fill in any scratches, and then used a whole bunch of black gloss to try to keep the paint from chipping or peeling, and for the plastic i just wiped it down with alcohol and painted it with plastic bonding paint

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I popped the plastic off, sanded the chrome down with a low grit orbital sander, and then higher count sander, used some self etching primer, then normal primer and sanded that smooth the fill in any scratches, and then used a whole bunch of black gloss to try to keep the paint from chipping or peeling, and for the plastic i just wiped it down with alcohol and painted it with plastic bonding paint

Is it holding up?

ramburger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
try a 2" bl youll be better off