Installing my lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I'm going to start working on my lift the next couple days and this weekend, I looked over the installment instructions and I see that I need a pitman arm puller. Not being dumb here but is there another way around getting the pitman arm off or can you only get it with the puller?

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
As i know it is pretty much the only way to avoid damaging the box.. Should be able to rent one from a parts house.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Puller is the best way to start.

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, I thought it was the only way to go but had to check. Thanks guys

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
If you're only disconnecting the pitman arm (not removing the pitman arm) to install a 2.5" spacer lift do you need the puller or just unbolt it then bolt it back together after putting the spacer in?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
No need to touch the pitman arm for installing your lift. the only things I disconnect are the sway bar, steering drag link from the pitman arm and the track bar, shocks.

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For the guys who have installed lifts, I'm doing mine outside with no vehicle lift and my manual says I should do the rear first if I don't have a vehicle lift. Would you agree with that? Also I see I need a new steering stabilizer with my lift unless I get a reversed tapered stud to fit the flipped drag link taper. Anyone agree here as well?

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
For the guys who have installed lifts, I'm doing mine outside with no vehicle lift and my manual says I should do the rear first if I don't have a vehicle lift. Would you agree with that? Also I see I need a new steering stabilizer with my lift unless I get a reversed tapered stud to fit the flipped drag link taper. Anyone agree here as well?

I did my front first to get the hardest part out of the way. You can do either one though. If you feel like you might have to drive somewhere soon id do the back first since it will go quicker. That is of course if your only doing blocks.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I start with the front first but thats me. If the book says back first then do the back first.

DodgeHimRamHer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I did the back first for a 3" lift , than front first for a 9" lift. all done in the street across from my house. Just have jack-stands and cinder blocks on hand. I's personal preference really.