Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrock2394

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I'm looking into body lifts now too.
If I do the body lift, I'll do 3" then down the road probably level it, maybe do a complete suspension kit. Depends how long I keep the truck for. Not real sure which route I'm gonna take yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my opinion i would avoid body lifts. I've seen too many trucks around here with a 3" gap between the bumpers from body lifts and it looks tacky as hell. Save your money and do all suspension. You get more benefits out of doing it that way anyways.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Yes. ^ If you can afford it dont get spacers. Get lift springs and add a leaf. The ride will be much better.

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spacers don't ride the greatest and don't do anything for the truck off road wise if that's what you're wanting it for. You're limited by the amount of travel your springs have, so you wan't gain any articulation and the droop will be limited by the the down travel of the shocks. So the only advantage you would get is tire height clearance, which it sounds like you're not wanting to go bigger on tires at this time. The only advantage you'd get is approach angles, but if you're not wheeling on the rocks, then that means nothing for you.

Body lifts suck in general. You'll hate yourself, plus a quality suspension kit is about the same cost and honestly easier to install on these solid axle trucks.

On my 99 and my buddy's 98 Rams we put 3/4 ton springs under the trucks and gained about 2" or so. Throw an add-a-leaf in the back and some cheap hydro shocks on, you'll be set.