Lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunter_5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 97 ram 1500 4x4 I was wondering if it's possible to have the rough country 3" suspension lift and add the leveling kit on top of it.... Will it work?

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 97 1500 5.9 4x4.... I already put 2 " lift coils on it, but I was thinking about stacking the rough country leveling kit on top... Good or bad idea? What problems would I run into?

I have a 97 ram 1500 4x4 I was wondering if it's possible to have the rough country 3" suspension lift and add the leveling kit on top of it.... Will it work?

I just realized the first thread was posted by you. You already got your answer.

^This^ ??????????????

Now I'm confused. You already have lift coils, but now you want to buy a 3" kit with replacement coils and another leveling kit to go on top of that? What are you going to do with your 2" coils? Toss them?

Waste of money. By the time you buy the 3" kit and leveling kit, plus new shocks again because the shocks included in the 3" kit are not long enough for 5" of lift, plus you're going to need the track bar bracket, drop pitman arm, and control arms that you'll have to buy separately, not including the other basics like bump stops and hardware, plus the 2" coil springs you'll be throwing money down the toilet, and rear block kit or add-a-leaf unless you're going for the brodozer look where you're dragging ass, you can purchase almost two 5" kits from rough country.

Two separate threads, same question, different facts, with the same answer.

I'm going to go with YES, you can stack them. Go ahead. Maybe the next thread we get will be "Help! My Truck Drives Like **** What Do I Do?" or "Wrecked My Truck" or maybe just a simple "Crap my truck's dragging ass, will air bags level the rear with the front because I skipped out on ordering the correct lift kit in for my truck"

ramburger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
Starting to feel a bit trollish.

Shoutout to those who only comment on lift threads to tell people to do stupid dangerous **** cough ramburger cough cough

i just tell my side and experience with said mod.
been doing it awhile and no probs.
ive always liked all my vehicles sitting higher in the front, sure there are other ways of going about but the cheap spacer was always the answer for "me" in every single vehilce ive ever lifted weather it be jeeps, one tons, or any gen dodge ..
alot of people ask the same question the op did funny enough, i just dont necessarily think its wrong from my personal experience. just sharing thasall..

Last edited:

Pelekane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
6" lift

Hi I have a 1999 Dodge Ram and I got my 6" lift in and I was wondering what do I need to change for example control arms, shocks and what else? Thanks for the help

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi I have a 1999 Dodge Ram and I got my 6" lift in and I was wondering what do I need to change for example control arms, shocks and what else? Thanks for the help

Track bar and bracket, sway bar end links, and pitman arm. You could use some offset ball joints but it would not be detrimental if you used stock spec.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

You're gonna have to explain further. What's done? What is the exact truck? Need more details to better help.

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And how did you get a 6" lift? Rams offer 2" leveling, 3" lift, 5" lift, and 7" lifts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio