Lifted 1500 sway bar advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blucchese93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
I have a 99 dodge ram 1500 with 4.5in of total lift. My sway bar link snaped. Im trying to find new and better ones maybe the extended ones idk need help! Please!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so the front sway bar mount is rusting off. and i was wondering if i should fix it or not? its eating away the frame and im debating on removing it and trying to fix the frame damage. its got holes directly in front of the sway bar mounts big enough for me to get 2 fingers in on both sides of the truck. and one side there is a hole next to the mount. should i remove the sway bar and cut and reweld some new steel in or what?

heavymetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2, Cam, Headers
so the front sway bar mount is rusting off. and i was wondering if i should fix it or not? its eating away the frame and im debating on removing it and trying to fix the frame damage. its got holes directly in front of the sway bar mounts big enough for me to get 2 fingers in on both sides of the truck. and one side there is a hole next to the mount. should i remove the sway bar and cut and reweld some new steel in or what?

if you can ********** rust holes in your frame, time for a new frame/truck...

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
its only in the 2 spots mentinoned. ive searched the rest of the truck and its fine. and the sway bar is still attatched. plus i dont really have the money for another truck... the frame is still solid. my brother in law who happens to be a mechanic told me not to remove the sway bar because having a 6" lift with 33's and no sway bar on the road is not a good idea.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
its only in the 2 spots mentinoned. ive searched the rest of the truck and its fine. and the sway bar is still attatched. plus i dont really have the money for another truck... the frame is still solid. my brother in law who happens to be a mechanic told me not to remove the sway bar because having a 6" lift with 33's and no sway bar on the road is not a good idea.

Your brother in law is a smart man. I'd find some longer links, and yes they exist. Try Top Gun Customz for starters. Dodge Off Road (DOR) also builds them, among others.