Lifting my truck (BDS 5" long arm) share some advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
That's the stuff I've been working on doing before I lift :roflsquared:

My opinion strictly, I'd start with your lift and gears and tires then move onto the engine performance since that's what you originally asked about. Of course, easier to get to the engine when it's low....and...well...go fast stuff lol.

OP
OP
JohnRBurke2

JohnRBurke2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8 Magnum
Thanks guys. I will ponder this for a day or so and get a solid plan together and let you know what it is. Then I will start sharing pictures as progress is made.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do it right as a package not just a lifted truck.

Indy 360 3M intake Approx $600

Indy MA-X heads Approx $1200

Cam approx $350

Headers approx $400

Megasquirt ECU. approx $600

Other goodies approx $400

Fixed

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You must not be up to date with the **** FlyinRyan is doing with SCT lol

I am lol, and trust me I'm confident Ryan could tune the living crap out of my truck for whatever I do, but I like the idea of controlling my own stuff. I've downloaded tuner studio and have been playing with it for a few weeks. The whole system is intuitive and there's an auto tune option to get you in the ballpark on a fresh build and then fine/dyno tune from there. Plus, nothing against Ryan, but our jtec computers are just so damn limited to what they can do when compared with an aftermarket controller. It's nothing against Ryan, it's against the stock computer design.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
In the bottom left corner of Indys catalogue:
http://www.indyheads.com/images/news12.2012.pdf
Here's the link to it on the Hughes website:
Hughes Engines
These intakes have to be machined for fuel injection, but they were tested on the allpar intake test and performed fairly well.

365cfm with gasket matching. Bah I'll never have a build that could ever take advantage of that. I'll skip. Hell my 2bbl m1 flows 270 and that's plenty for my future plans

OP
OP
JohnRBurke2

JohnRBurke2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8 Magnum
Quick update. After all of the conversations and advice, I am going to be doing the following:

LIFT:
3" body lift
2" leveling kit
2-1/2" add-a-leaf on the rear
3" bumper bracket (to raise the bumper w/ the body)

ENGINE:
Intake manifold
Cold air intake
New heads
New cam
New headers

EXHAUST:
Dual exhaust w/ flow masters

EXTERIOR:
New rear bumper, black
Adding fender flares, black
Adding a grill guard, black.

TIRES (optional):
32" tires w/ aftermarket rims.

I will be back in a few weeks with pictures for you guys.

Thanks for all the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyinryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
I am lol, and trust me I'm confident Ryan could tune the living crap out of my truck for whatever I do, but I like the idea of controlling my own stuff. I've downloaded tuner studio and have been playing with it for a few weeks. The whole system is intuitive and there's an auto tune option to get you in the ballpark on a fresh build and then fine/dyno tune from there. Plus, nothing against Ryan, but our jtec computers are just so damn limited to what they can do when compared with an aftermarket controller. It's nothing against Ryan, it's against the stock computer design.

You sure about that?
MS has no trans support. None. Zero. You also can't get MS thru most of the state inspection process.
JTEC is old as dirt, but I seem to be doing just fine with it. Just finished a 360 with a 240/250 107 LSA camshaft.....
All the auto tuning and bells and whistles do not make up for a quality calibration.