lifting next week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
So my original plan was to throw a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck and call it done. but the idea of the axle shift didn't sit too well with me, so i'm returning the kit to R/C and i have ordered a 5" R/C lift that will be here on wednesday.

i also ordered all new bolts and cams for my upper and lower control arm since mine are looking pretty rusty and look like they may be a pain in the butt.

that being said.... is there anything else i should be looking for before i start? I need to pick up a few more tools, one being a pitman arm puller and a socket big enough to fit that bolt, and a puller for the steering linkage.

:big_banana_Dance:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Cool beans, I am ordering a DOR track bar this week that's why I asked. Also the pitman arm can be a pain to both take off and put back on so take your time. The steering linkage you can remove by hitting it with a hammer, or take the bolts loose and shake the steering wheel slightly. Same goes for the track bar.

(Dont hit the actually joint, hit the area between where the joint goes in and comes out of the hole)

OP
OP
LaurenMagnum360

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
Cool beans, I am ordering a DOR track bar this week that's why I asked. Also the pitman arm can be a pain to both take off and put back on so take your time. The steering linkage you can remove by hitting it with a hammer, or take the bolts loose and shake the steering wheel slightly. Same goes for the track bar.

(Dont hit the actually joint, hit the area between where the joint goes in and comes out of the hole)

same concept as freeing a spindle from a balljoint basically

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Sawzall and a few extra blades for cutting the cam bolts, no amount of spraying will free them up if they are seized in the bushings.

OP
OP
LaurenMagnum360

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
i'm not big on the double stacking the rear blocks, but maybe i'll see if i can get someone to throw a couple tackwelds on to hold the block to the rear axle housing

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Keep an eye open for a sale on 2" add a leafs then you can ditch that extra block, this would go well as you plan on towing with your truck. Keep the U-bolts tqed and I doubt you will have any problems with those blocks.

OP
OP
LaurenMagnum360

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
Keep an eye open for a sale on 2" add a leafs then you can ditch that extra block, this would go well as you plan on towing with your truck. Keep the U-bolts tqed and I doubt you will have any problems with those blocks.

i would need 4" of lift for the rear

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Typo on my part should have been 3" add a leaf. If you want the truck to sit level it will be 3" if you want a rake to it then 4" is right.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I am definitely looking forward to you installing this kit. The shocks are well priced at 40$ for your type and 50$ for the next step up. Let me know how they work.

OP
OP
LaurenMagnum360

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
Typo on my part should have been 3" add a leaf. If you want the truck to sit level it will be 3" if you want a rake to it then 4" is right.

i want a slight rake, as i do sometimes haul a little bit of weight, not much, but i dont want my truck looking like a Prerunner when i do tho lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
How is it coming so far? Any progress?... I know as soon as the weather breaks I got calls rolling in to do side work so I haven't been around much here lately, just seeing if any progress has been made.