Not Tall enough.. damn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
So after installing my 2.5" RC level kit with new stock coils (only gained 2"). Its just not tall enough, 1 more inch would be perfect but I don't have the cash laying around to throw a new 3" lift on it and 2500 coils would give me too much of a lift.

I can't think of anything that would do just that, what you guys think?

Last edited:

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
So after installing my 2.5" RC level kit with new stock coils (only gained 2"). Its just not tall enough, 1 more inch would be perfect but I don't have the cash laying around to throw a new 3" lift on it and 2500 coils would give me too much of a lift.

I can't think of anything that would do just that, what you guys think?

The front isnt tall enough or the whole lift isnt tall enough?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Lol should have gone 5" right off the bat or 7".

Not my thing but a 1" coil spacer should work. Or new sj d30 springs much better way to go and under 200 hun.

Can you return the new stock springs? I would try to and then get the D30

Last edited:

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not to thread jack but does anybody know of a place that sells like 2" or 1" body lifts? I don't wanna go 3" in the future, to high for my liking, although I never seen a 5" suspension, 3" body lift truck yet.

OP
OP
M

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
The front isnt tall enough or the whole lift isnt tall enough?

I only installed the front because I want the truck to be leaned (higher in the front than the rear) but the new stock coils and 2.5" spacer only gave me 2" of lift :(

I would have loved to go right to 5" but wouldve had to get new tires and I didn't want to do that because my 33 MT'S are brand new.

I dropped the axle as low as possible without taking the control arms off and I had a hell of a time get the stock coil in with u der the spacer even with using a spring compressor so it sounds like it would be hell to get skyjavker d30 in?
I should be looking at getting longer control arms with a 3"?

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I only installed the front because I want the truck to be leaned (higher in the front than the rear) but the new stock coils and 2.5" spacer only gave me 2" of lift :(

I would have loved to go right to 5" but wouldve had to get new tires and I didn't want to do that because my 33 MT'S are brand new.

I dropped the axle as low as possible without taking the control arms off and I had a hell of a time get the stock coil in with u der the spacer even with using a spring compressor so it sounds like it would be hell to get skyjavker d30 in?
I should be looking at getting longer control arms with a 3"?

New coils plus 2.5" level spacer only gave you 2" of lift? Measure the spacer and make sure you got the right one.

5" on 33's doesn't look bad on these trucks.

Well with the D30 you wouldn't need the spacer so that should make it a lot easier.
No no new control required at 3", but an adjustable track bar is highly recommended.

OP
OP
M

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Dude I install d70 springs without using a spring comp.

Wtf? Did you take the control arms off?? I took off the track bar, sway bar and shocks and had to use a compressor to get my stock height coils with the spacer...

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Dude I install d70 springs without using a spring comp.

Knew I remembered that right...

Yeah you should be able to drop the springs in and out with a compressor.. got a big enough jack to keep jacking the truck up? I dont think you need to unbolt the C-arms for that.

OP
OP
M

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
New coils plus 2.5" level spacer only gave you 2" of lift? Measure the spacer and make sure you got the right one.

5" on 33's doesn't look bad on these trucks.

Well with the D30 you wouldn't need the spacer so that should make it a lot easier.
No no new control required at 3", but an adjustable track bar is highly recommended.

Ya new moog coils from rock auto that were about 1/2" tall that the oem falls that I took because I think they sagged 1/2". See attached pic of the spacer but im pretty damn sure it's a 2.5" spacer.

I measured at the pinch weld of the rocker panels in the same spot and stock it was 19.5" and now it is just slightly under 21.5".

Attachments

• 20150606_104626.jpg
    20150606_104626.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 32

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
To get the diff to drop just back off the control arm bolts. And it will come down lots more. I have yet needed to remove any control arms to install springs.

OP
OP
M

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
To get the diff to drop just back off the control arm bolts. And it will come down lots more. I have yet needed to remove any control arms to install springs.

Ive been told these control arm bolts are usually rust frozen on these trucks, we're yours frozen on?

And I looked and news ones and they are damn expensive

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I just want you to back off the nuts, not remove the bolts from the control arms. Yes they are expensive and yes mine where seized solid. Moog sells replacement cam bolts much cheaper then the dealer is.

DodgeHimRamHer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Not to thread jack but does anybody know of a place that sells like 2" or 1" body lifts? I don't wanna go 3" in the future, to high for my liking, although I never seen a 5" suspension, 3" body lift truck yet.

im running a 6" suspension and 3" body

ramburger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318

'not to hihack yer thread but im gunna just go ahead and totally hijack yer thread" ya mean?

LOL

i did a 2" body on mine and i think it was bought and payed for within 2.5 min of a simple google search

OP
OP
M

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
'not to hihack yer thread but im gunna just go ahead and totally hijack yer thread" ya mean?

LOL

i did a 2" body on mine and i think it was bought and payed for within 2.5 min of a simple google search

Sorry but I think body lifts are ugly and they are dangerous if the bolts aren't top notch because it can sear off when in a crash separating your body from your frame

jsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry but I think body lifts are ugly and they are dangerous if the bolts aren't top notch because it can sear off when in a crash separating your body from your frame

Where did you get that from? I've owned and been around lots of bodylifted trucks over the years and never heard of a single instance of this