Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoreyLRam96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently have replaced the Front brakes on my truck, and today when I was driving it I would notice it would make a very loud grinding noise before I'd come to a complete stop. The rotors are fine, I took the tire/wheel off today and checked. But I don't know what is causing this noise? Do I need to break the Brakes in a bit? I believe they are ceramic brakes ( they are gray in color and have tiny pieces of copper colored material in them ) Could the brakes be the issue? Help please

OP
OP
CoreyLRam96

CoreyLRam96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I posted this in the lifted section because I just put a 2 inch lift on the truck Saturday.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
If you're using an impact gun to tighten your lug nuts, tq them manually and properly with a tq wrench.

Also need more info. What speeds? Accel/decel? Braking/coasting? That type of stuff

Edit- forgot to add: pics or it didn't happen :pepper:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoreyLRam96

CoreyLRam96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just going 40 MPH then when I brake it makes the noise sometimes, and then other times when I brake the noise isn't there at all.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Check the dust shield on the back of the rotor. Very common for them to get moved a bit during front end work and replacing brakes. Most likely just rubbing up against the rotor and needs to be bent back out slightly.