Ride feels like crap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meatball12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I recently put a 2.5in leveling kit on. I got the truck an alignment and the shop told me my track bar had some play. I was planning on getting the adjustable upgrade soon but not immediately. On my way back from the alignment shop I experenced my first "Death wobble" incident, after I changed my underwear I ordered the new track bar with rush shipping. After the new track bar was installed and steering box was adjusted the wobble is gone. HOWEVER.... feel almost every little thing in the road. Was the trackbar masking these or did i do something wrong in installation. I still have the stock shocks in front and load assist shocks in the rear. Is this my problem or should I begin my search elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Front shocks are good for 2" of lift so i would start there. These trucks ride rough anyways. If the ride is rough but doesn't affect your ability to control the vehicle i wouldn't worry too much about it

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Shocks will help some, but not a lot. As long as you don't have much extra eight in the truck you can take the tires down to 30psi on all terrain tires, or even 28 on long life road tires.

In the end, these are trucks, they were made to ride like trucks, unloaded they are very stiff, loaded down a bit they get a little softer. I was at the scrapyard last saturday and when I went in for my post weight, I was aprox. 6800lbs, I didn' get rid of my old engine though, thats still in the back. It weighs even more now since I got laid off from work and my 800lbs of tools are in my tool box and back seat.

You can really hear it in the front drivers side wheel bearing :roflsquared:

OP
OP
Meatball12

Meatball12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the input guys. I guess i never noticed the ride because i was always focused the sloppy steering, part of me thinks the slop in the track bar might have been masking some of the bumps. If yall say that the ride is normaly like that, ill take your word. Ill be upgrading the shocks in a week or 2.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
My personal suggestion would be stone 2-3" lift Bilstein 5100s for the front. I'm running the stock height 4600s and I'm very happy with them. It's rough but much better than anything else ive run