Rough Country 3" lift- thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at the 3" lift kit for my 97 Ram 1500. I like the longer springs vs. spacers for the front. Any one have any suggestions or comments on this kit? With front coil springs, 4 control arms, drop bracket and bushings, 2 rear block and u-bolts, 4 new shocks and shipping my total will be around $570. I was hoping to get it a little cheaper but I havent found it.

Dodge Suspension Lift Kits

I am new to this type of thing, I finally have a truck I am not scared to f around with and change some stuff so I am curious what you guys think.

I thought I would go higher than 3" but I dont want to have to let the air out of my tires to get in my garage...LOL

Also does anyone on here sell these?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Nice to see you here! Check out the vendor Modern Performance Company (MPC) they are a rough country dealer

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF. and just like Stangscky said check out our vendor MPC

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Rc is good quality stuff.
and a nice kit you have selected. most people try to lift without the proper stuff like new control arms.

I have the 5" kit. I can almost fit in my garage at 7'. dang light and some bracket on the opener hangs down too low to get all the way in. if I had 35" tires I couldn't fit at all.

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like rc. I find that their spring rates are a little to high for serious offroading tho. I like a really flexy suspension. I would look into new leaf springs in the rear instead of blocks. I just hate blocks, it really bothers me that the factory uses them but hey what can ya do.

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I like rc. I find that their spring rates are a little to high for serious offroading tho. I like a really flexy suspension. I would look into new leaf springs in the rear instead of blocks. I just hate blocks, it really bothers me that the factory uses them but hey what can ya do.

yea. I agree. but with a 3" kit, its likely only a 4" block. (if they dont just add a 1" of so block to the factory block like the kit I got)

even a add a leaf would be better than a big block or stacking blocks.

I havent decided what route I'm going yet, either add a leaf or complete lift leaf pack. I have a bit of axle wrap going on currently.

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most spring shops can re-arch your factory spring. We have a spring shop here in my area that builds leaf springs. I used them a couple times for builds on oobs chevys when I couldn't find a lift spring. (rough country had them but not flexy enough for my liking.)

OP
OP
B

Big Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the input guys. I went with the 3" series II kit from Rough Country. Ryan from MPC was very helpful and quite inexpensive. I even got upgraded shocks and it was still less than any other quote.

Now I got factory tires on her now and most of the websites say I will be able to go up to 33" tires.

Is there any way I can go up to 35" tires without rubbing?

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I don't see why you couldn't go with 35's as long as you had wheels with at least 4.5" of backspacing. I've just got a 2.5" level and I'm running 35's with very little rubbing with a little suspension flex

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Congrats on the new lift Big Red ... make sure to post before and after pics

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should be able to fit 35s no problem. Might even be able to get a 36 in there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock