Spring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ok I got a buddy who has a 99 ram 1500 2wd. Its the same truck I have except 1 year older and a smaller engine. He wants to try adding bigger springs to the front to get a lifted effect but he can only fine 4x4 springs for the front that are longer. The question is will the 4x4 front springs go on a 2wd front end. Being the good friend I am Im helping him do the work while using his trk as the genie pig before I try it and screw mine up lol

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
4wd front springs will not fit in a 2wd, but you might look into using 2500 2wd coils.

OP
OP
P

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
4wd front springs will not fit in a 2wd, but you might look into using 2500 2wd coils.

Cool Ill pass the info on to my buddy then wait till he does it to his truck b4 I think about doing it to mine. Its great having a friend with the same truck as me and bigger plans than me its a built in test subject lol. :drunk:

heavymetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2, Cam, Headers
there are lift springs out there for the 2nd gen 2wd's. i believe skyjacker? fabtech? i know the make 1-1.5-2'' lift springs, i did them not to long ago, just cant remember where i got them from for the guy.