Stack leveling kit on top of lift coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Ramburger, you need to keep YOUR **** off here. Jesus Christ, everything you say goes against common safety rules.

That's nothing. Here's 455 pages of people ******** all over every safety rule and the laws of physics. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/849050-ghetto-fab-hack-jobs.html

Here's a taste:
"I have a 1977 gmc seira lifted setting on a set of 68" tractor tires ,its lifted by frames its supported very well with pipe welded frame to frame and 5/16" thick box tubing welded on the outside to stiffen the rig up to take the flex out of the frame its got a big block 454 in it right now but could be switched easily if wanted the carb on it right now needs rebuilt it runs and drives it just loads up sometimes I do have a new carb to throw on it for the right price the steering is ran by chain and sprocket but could be switched over to hydro, I think the rear end and front end are 1 ton axles but my be 3/4 ton haven't really messed with the truck much I ran it at the last mudfest at south fork and it did fine other than the carb started loading up she rides like a tank that's for sure but is a fun toy price in negotiable . call or text no low ballers may trade for cash and other things to throw in no calls after 9 "

XjQRZxA.png

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
na i just answer from my experience to peoples questions, i feel i have alot of experience but at the same time totally get what the manufacturer is saying, but giving my 10cents is usually what i like to contribute. not trying to fight but feel like i sometimes get bashed on for just telling my experience. i dont say its the only way, just my take thats all, sorry if i am offending anyone as its truly not my intention. ive been very satisfied with my builds/vehicle handling over the years. just sharing.

ive only owned one lifted truck and even i can tell you're full of it. Listen to these guys on here, they know what they're talking about. and the right way to do ****. Dont risk someone elses life because you think you know everything. what if it was your kids? :word:

ramburger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
not for long dude.
a matter of time til that spring cracks right the fawk in half and sends you careening into oncoming traffic to your demise as statistics have shown

Last edited:

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
20 years ago if you had stacked springs and spacers nobody would bat an eye. Everyone would rave and compliment your truck. Now days, shops, including my work which specializes in lift kits, will refuse to work on stuff like that.

20 years ago, if you wanted more than a couple inches, you had to get innovative. I may not have my own first hand experience with it, but I watched my dad do stupid crap like that. Smart thing he did though, he didn't drive those vehicles daily.

The deal is, technology and products have advanced through the years.

How many deaths occurred from car accidents 20 years ago? Now days, after major collisions people walk away scratched and bruised. Similar situations back then people were killed. I find it funny when parents buy their kids old cars and trucks so they're "safe" when in an accident. "Plastic bumpers can't be safer than old iron steel!" Facts are, they are. Vehicles built today are designed to crash, and they're designed to absorb the energy around the interior of the car. That's why you'll noticed caved in quarter panels on cars that had head on collisions.

Lift kits are no different. Now days, you can order in a 7 or 8 inch kit and know that it's going to work properly. You'll get lift springs and all the other components needed to make the steering and geometry go back to specs needed to handle the lift. You will not find a quality lift kit that supplies both springs and spacers, that's if you can even find one at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Skyjacker used to sell a spring/spacer combo. Back in the 80's/90's if you wanted more than 6" of lift, you went body lift. Capitalizing on throwing spacers on top of springs back then would have been a smart business idea. But that's not the case anymore. Why risk it? Proper kits sell for cheap, even if they're poor quality and you hate how it rides. I'd rather knock my teeth out on back roads then wind up dead in a ditch.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
20 years ago if you had stacked springs and spacers nobody would bat an eye. Everyone would rave and compliment your truck. Now days, shops, including my work which specializes in lift kits, will refuse to work on stuff like that.

20 years ago, if you wanted more than a couple inches, you had to get innovative. I may not have my own first hand experience with it, but I watched my dad do stupid crap like that. Smart thing he did though, he didn't drive those vehicles daily.

The deal is, technology and products have advanced through the years.

How many deaths occurred from car accidents 20 years ago? Now days, after major collisions people walk away scratched and bruised. Similar situations back then people were killed. I find it funny when parents buy their kids old cars and trucks so they're "safe" when in an accident. "Plastic bumpers can't be safer than old iron steel!" Facts are, they are. Vehicles built today are designed to crash, and they're designed to absorb the energy around the interior of the car. That's why you'll noticed caved in quarter panels on cars that had head on collisions.

Lift kits are no different. Now days, you can order in a 7 or 8 inch kit and know that it's going to work properly. You'll get lift springs and all the other components needed to make the steering and geometry go back to specs needed to handle the lift. You will not find a quality lift kit that supplies both springs and spacers, that's if you can even find one at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Skyjacker used to sell a spring/spacer combo. Back in the 80's/90's if you wanted more than 6" of lift, you went body lift. Capitalizing on throwing spacers on top of springs back then would have been a smart business idea. But that's not the case anymore. Why risk it? Proper kits sell for cheap, even if they're poor quality and you hate how it rides. I'd rather knock my teeth out on back roads then wind up dead in a ditch.

I have 35 years of lifting trucks and have seen some crazy **** done back in the day...

Seems my other post was removed huh, but nm you got it right.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's nothing. Here's 455 pages of people ******** all over every safety rule and the laws of physics. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/849050-ghetto-fab-hack-jobs.html

Here's a taste:
"I have a 1977 gmc seira lifted setting on a set of 68" tractor tires ,its lifted by frames its supported very well with pipe welded frame to frame and 5/16" thick box tubing welded on the outside to stiffen the rig up to take the flex out of the frame its got a big block 454 in it right now but could be switched easily if wanted the carb on it right now needs rebuilt it runs and drives it just loads up sometimes I do have a new carb to throw on it for the right price the steering is ran by chain and sprocket but could be switched over to hydro, I think the rear end and front end are 1 ton axles but my be 3/4 ton haven't really messed with the truck much I ran it at the last mudfest at south fork and it did fine other than the carb started loading up she rides like a tank that's for sure but is a fun toy price in negotiable . call or text no low ballers may trade for cash and other things to throw in no calls after 9 "

XjQRZxA.png

What in the living ****.............

Another amusing lift thread by the way.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Here's a taste:

XjQRZxA.png
hahaha wtf
not for long dude.
a matter of time til that spring cracks right the fawk in half and sends you careening into oncoming traffic to your demise as statistics have shown
Then why are you running a lift if that's what statistics show and you're all about being safe? :roflsquared:
What in the living ****.............

Another amusing lift thread by the way.

:roflsquared::roflsquared:

ss/ah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you need the lift for tires, have you thought about a 2" body lift? And what are doing to the rear? If you need a 4" lift, get the 4" lift kit.?. the stock coil springs are not near long enough.