Steering Adapter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_murdered_warrior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Hey all, On my 01 ram that i am in the process of restoring/fixing, I need the adaptor that goes from the factory dodge steering shaft to a Borgeson steering box.
The truck was owned by my parents before me, and it was just a beater for around town, and my mother took it to the store. On her way back, she was about to turn right into our driveway, but the truck continued to go straight. The steering wheel was turning, but the truck wasn't. what happened was the adapter at the very bottom of the steering shaft, the one with the u-joint, had snapped between the shaft and box. Its been welded, and it has held for about two or three years, but its starting to show stress cracks.
Even if it wasn't showing cracks, Id like to replace it for safetys sake. Does anyboy know where i can get one, or know the model number of the part? The truck will be daily driven.
Its an 01 ram 1500, 5.2 4wd with a 3 inch suspension lift if it makes any difference. I will grab a few pics of the part when i get home. Thanks all, Billy

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I would say your best bet is either a local used parts yard, or online on like ebay/

I do not know the parts number unfortunately.

OP
OP
The_murdered_warrior

The_murdered_warrior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I would say your best bet is either a local used parts yard, or online on like ebay/

I do not know the parts number unfortunately.
Thanks. Most of the trucks at the parts yard either have both the Borgeson box and shaft, or both factory pieces. Ebay has also been no help.
Thanks, Billy

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye