steering stabilizer t steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas guzzler
99 1500 with the 2500nd steering. I.e. t style.

Truck is lifted 5 inch touch country

Truck had worn out front end,replaced the linkages from the y style to the t style.
Truck had dual stabilizers,but that system don't fit any more.

Fighting with death wobble now, last resort change is no steering stab.
So what can be ran with the t style and a d44 axle.

My wallet has about 150 to spend.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Lol. I did the same thing you did. Converted my dana 60 front end to T style from 99HD and still had death wobble. if you haven't already gotten an aligntment since you've done this I'd do that next. If that doesn't fix your problem it's most likely your trac bar which is what ended up being SHOT on mine. If you replace trac bar, and tie rods, and get an alignment, and STILL have a death wobble just let me know but I doubt you will.

I'm also not running sterring stab.

OP
OP
C

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas guzzler
Track bar new,adjustable proforged.
Drop bracket tack welded to frame.
Alignment,been done. Actually got worse to their specs. And has started eating the tires.
37 Bfgs.
Strung strings took from their 1/2 toe in all from right tire to a 1/8th and split it between the two.
Caster set to 2.5 , I've ran it threw the cams have them set at the 5th Mark currently.set pretty much at noon to say.
Ball joints,wheel bearings,rotors re cut,Pittman arm,steering linkage all new

Truck has the steering box brace,red head box,Borg shaft,rock solid steering bushing and the cable disconnect
Tighten up the preload on the steering box,once I found out how on the dodge box. Working on the over center,after thinking it was like a Ford box.
No real certain time it go's in to death shake.
Got a new set of control arm bushing on the way.
Shocks are procomps. Get rid of wobble b.s., those will be changed.
Dosent make a difference it's the front axle is engaged or not,same with t case.

Last edited: