What parts are recommended for a 3in lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Hey guys, i'm new to lifting and know very little about it other than what the spacers and block do and how to install them.

I'm sure it will mess with at least the camber on the front tires, so i'm looking at an alignment for that, but i'm thinking about a 4 wheel alignment already and my steering wheel doesnt point straight.

I' only looking for a 3in lift max, I love my 2wd sport, but I really want it to sit higher like the ORE trucks and other standard gen 3s. It just feels like my truck a few inches shorter than it should be.

Any recommendations as to what brand to get for coil spacers and rear blocks?
To get the rear to sit slightly higher than the front, should I just get a slightly smaller front coil spacer, or can I get away with a larger rear spacer without absolutely killing the life of my u-joints? (a 2.5+ year lifespan is the minimum I would really like)

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
3" on 2wd?

Coils, Spacer, or Spindle for front lift
Shocks
AALs, Blocks, or Shackles for rear lift
Upper Control Arms (except for spindle)

OP
OP
D

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 360
I'd have to take a peek to see what my shackles are right now, but I like that one if I can get some that are the length I want.

I know its odd lifting a 2wd, but its not for anything but on road driving, I just like that feel of having to jump slightly to get into the seat, not just sit down in it. I pulled it slightly up over a ditch the other day to see what it would be like with varying degrees of lift, and 3 inches is perfect to me. I really want it to sit like that, backend an inch or two at most higher than the front. I think it makes it look better that way.

Would you recommend just blocks for the rear? At 3" I think I can just shim the axle a tad to get it back to a comfortable working angle.

I know the front end is quite different between the 4x2 and 4x4 versions, but is the coil the same, or will I have to find some specifically for the sport model?

Thanks for all the healp guys

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
2.5 front and rear then get a 2.5 inch body lift

OP
OP
D

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 360
2.5 front and rear then get a 2.5 inch body lift

I like that idea, thanks man. Just gotta pull it off a 1500 with the ORE package.
Do our steering shafts extend to cover the 2.5 in extension, or will I have to swap that