Will they fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
So Im wondering, with a 2'' leveling kit, and a 3'' body lift, do you think 33's or 35's would fit? I have 31's now without either, but its not a wide tire.

Looking at either some coopers, or general grabbers. But anyways thats a different story haha.

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
you should be able to fit 35s easy depending on wheels and you will probably not rub at all

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can fit 35s with just the level. With the body lift you can go even bigger

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I will respectfully disagree since I have about 5 inches of lift....but again as in previous discussions it will depend on you'll use the truck for. These points are also dependent on gearing down. I'll certainly agree that getting the biggest tire under the leastest lift is good for handling and better mileage. But there are limits. I've run just a leveling spacer, and 35's ...no way!

35's will fit with the lift you suggested. There may be some rubbing, and for me some rubbing is rubbing and thusly fail. So fo a daily driver that sees little off roading other than muddy two tracks you'll be fine.

33's are a better fit if you plan on flexing on rocks or just showing off to your buds on ramps or the hoods of lowered ricers...:birgits_tiredcoffee

Either way your truck rides slightly rougher than stock but certainly better than a short arm 5 inch lift. An adjustable track bar and some steering stops may eliminate your rubbing at the cost of some turning radius.

Last edited:
OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
hmm..interesting. I may just install the level, and throw the 35's on in hopes they dont rub. Would lift my truck off the ground significantly more than it is now and the tires would fill the wells nicely. Thanks guys, and just to set your minds at ease I plan on getting a gear swap before the new wheels and tires lol

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
wheels can make a big difference, offset and backspacing can make a tire rub some but with stock wheels he should be able to run 35s without rubbing at all i would think

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
sweet, when spring break gets here I think Ill tackle the leveling kit. To busy at this time.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
sweet, when spring break gets here I think Ill tackle the leveling kit. To busy at this time.

Best of luck then.

:naughty: psssssssssttt...for the rest of you, it didn't work when these trucks were new so I;m not sure what changed.....:birgits_tiredcoffee

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
A 4wd with a 2"+ level could clear 35s but I think you would need atleast 3" on a 2wd to clear 35s

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah idk, I'll just assess the situation after the leveling kit