01 Laramie headlights decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THAHULK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Hi. Been all over trying to get feedback but no success. Had Anzo black crystal headlights and everytime i would go through a carwash the corners would leak And fog up. Had to take them off andd dry them and put a bead of sealant on them everytime. Finally got tired of it and put the stock lights back on. Anyone have suggestions on any one piece designs that light up well at night. I use silverstar ultras. night and dont have any leaking issues? Preferably black housing. I'm currently lookin at these...

Black 1994 2001 Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 Headlights w Corner Signal Light | eBay

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Hi. Been all over trying to get feedback but no success. Had Anzo black crystal headlights and everytime i would go through a carwash the corners would leak And fog up. Had to take them off andd dry them and put a bead of sealant on them everytime. Finally got tired of it and put the stock lights back on. Anyone have suggestions on any one piece designs that light up well at night. I use silverstar ultras. night and dont have any leaking issues? Preferably black housing. I'm currently lookin at these...

Black 1994 2001 Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 Headlights w Corner Signal Light | eBay

Those look pretty slick!

OP
OP
THAHULK

THAHULK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Ok. Those look just like the Anzos i had. Loved them. The. corners just sucked. Maybe i just got a bad set.

newrammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8 magnum
Maybe I just got lucky for once in my life lol. But there's another member here who has the same ones but in a chrome version, and his seem to be holding up as well

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8

What kind of sealant are you using? I would just use silicone myself on both inside and outside.
Maybe I just got lucky for once in my life lol. But there's another member here who has the same ones but in a chrome version, and his seem to be holding up as well
Yep I have the chromed ones. I love em but like op said I am starting to get water inside the driver side corner lens. I'm going to pull both corners out and silicone the edges on the outside and after drying the inside try to seal the insides as well. I've been using the power washer a lot more lately due to mix of off-road cleanup and salt cleanup

newrammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8 magnum
Wow I must have actually gotten a good thing for once ! :favorites13:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Wow I must have actually gotten a good thing for once ! :favorites13:

I love em and I think it's more my fault than the housings. I should of siliconed them when I got wen but didn't. Nothing that I can't fix for a couple bucks tho
Here's a couple pics of them in and with my LED bulb conversion
20150311_194722.jpg

20150217_201429.jpg

20150221_174854.jpg
This bottom pic the housing looks screwed up but that's due to how far I aimed it down. I aimed it as far down as I could before I got around to adjusting then properly so I didn't blind someone

Last edited:
OP
OP
THAHULK

THAHULK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Yea that's what i meant to say, silicone. Another member had recommended that too me. I have done it several times around the edges, only on the outside though. I finally got tired of it though and got rid of them. I loved them but I couldn't deal with it anymore. A guy told me about the ipexmotoring lights on ebay. They're one piece. Look pretty cool, they claim they're 100% waterproof! Never seen anyone else say that before. Not sure how true it is. Just not sure if I should try it or not.. Don't see enough or any reviews on them..

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Come to think of it I'm pretty sure that's what my buddy has on his truck. They look good but the problem I have with 1 piece in general is that to aim them you usually have to use washers to space them out at the brackets until you get a good pattern.

OP
OP
THAHULK

THAHULK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
O ok. Yea I've seen a couple of other people say that on other forums. Really like the look of them though..

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
2000 Sport headlight upgrade for the win, best factory lights ever for these year trucks.

OP
OP
THAHULK

THAHULK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
how difficult is it to convert?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Headlight housings are bolt in for 1999 and up and are adjustable, get the LMC wiring harness and it's plug and play. Or do like I did and make up your own harness. These lights are just amazing four bulbs in total. They are not fancy looking like what you have posted a link to but they do have a clear lens.

Attachments

• IMG02601.jpg
    IMG02601.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
OP
OP
THAHULK

THAHULK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

Is this what you are referring too? It's really plug and play? So if it's going through directly through the battery you don't use the stock switch to turn them on? I'm a little confused..

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
With the LMC wiring harness it all works through the factory headlight switch. The LMC harness I do believe uses relays so there will be a little wiring to do.

Note: "A" 1999-02 Models with Sport Package, Quad Headlights, option require the
use of #55-9505 and #55-9506.

I am not 100% familiar with this harness, just going by what I have been told and read.

OP
OP
THAHULK

THAHULK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Can anyone recommend the BEST plug and play wire harness for the sport headlight conversion? I decided to go with those and I have the lights arriving today. Just need to decide which harness to get..

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I failed in helping out this member for personal reasons. It would be nice if someone offered to build him a nice custom harness or lead him in the right direction on where to buy one.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Can anyone recommend the BEST plug and play wire harness for the sport headlight conversion? I decided to go with those and I have the lights arriving today. Just need to decide which harness to get..

LMC makes a good harness. There's another company that does one too but I can't remember the name. I just remember DD94 posting it so might pm him or do a search