2001 dodge ram 1500 hood not closing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coletrain523

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
i have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 and yesterday i went to open the hood to check the oil, i pulled the hood latch and the hood poped up like it always does, but when i pushed the latch up in the middle of the grill and started to pull the hood up about half way it got really tight and wouldnt move. there was a slight poping noise, so i stopped and pushed the hood back down and now the passenger side is more or less ligned up but the drivers side is sitting up about 6in or so. i dont know what happened ive never had problems out of it before. ive tryed to push the brackets back down but i cant budge them. none of the brackets are broken. they might be bent a little (comparing to the passenger side) but not enough to just be frozen. any ideas on how to fix?

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I had that happen when I swapped hoods. Had to work it loose with some bpblaster. Finally got it up to find the spring deals were cracked.