Bumper covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matts8706

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Obviously Dodge has been kinda short changed in this after market area. I'm looking to make the front of my 2001 a bit nicer. So I'm thinking that I'll either convert it to use the sport bumper, but I don't know what I need to do that, or if it'd be worth it. My second thought was maybe just painting the cap and surround that goes around the bumper. Anyone ever try painting these? If so how'd it turn out, any pointers?

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
Swapping to a sport bumper is bit of a pain. I was trying to but the only place I could find all brackets and bumpercover n what not was LMC and total came up to about 1300. You have to change EVERYTHING to mount a sport bumper plus paint.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Yeah you need the bumper, the brackets, the cover, and a new grille and grille bracket.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I've painted both the plastic cover on the bottom half and the cap across the top.
The top cap I painted with some DupliColor bumper and trim paint and it came out pretty good. Then I went over the entire front bumper, chrome and all, with some plastidip to get it all a nice flat black color

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
islacker check out our vendor Road Rhino for a set way cheaper