Converting a Sport to chrome bumper/grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hi, unfortunately I was involved in a collision with my beloved truck recently, and I am forced to ditch my red painted sport bumper. 1999 Ram 1500 5.9L Sport edition. Luckily only my bumper and grill were damaged, and nothing else. The bumper was so mangled I had to cut it off with a grinder as the bolts were inaccessible.

Anyways, I could really use some help finding a complete chrome bumper assembly for my truck now. I always found the painted bumper to be impractical for a lot of the offroading I do, so I'm switching to a chrome bumper and grill. The problem I am having, is that the chrome bumper is made up of 20+ parts between the bumper, plastic covers, fog light inserts, and various brackets. All of the websites want to sell all of these parts individually, which is very expensive and also really hard to match up all the parts together.

Is it possible to order a complete front bumper as one unit? All of the brackets, bolts, plastics together? I went to a couple junkyards hoping to find a bumper, they were all junk of course, and have had no luck on craigslist or ebay. So it seems I am limited to buying new.

Also, are there any other things I should keep in mind with this conversion? I am worried about the compatibility of my sport fog lights...love my fog lights. I saw on my local craigslist a guy that makes some awesome ranch style offroad bumpers for $800, but that is quite a bit more than I am hoping to spend.

Also, if anyone on here would happen to be selling a chrome front bumper in good condition, I would definitely be interested.

jsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd keep watching craigslist and try a couple other junkyards. Not sure what area you're in but around me I see the chrome bumpers all the time there.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Craigslist or junkyard the chrome part, junkyard for mounts, and ebay for the plastics is about the cheapest way. EBay should have the fog light plastics for cheap too

Doc1609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd sell you mine, but it's got a little dent on it. I'm going to swap for a 4th Gen 2500 or a sport bumper

kieferh240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If you're on the east coast I have a 02 2500 chrome bumper for sale. with fog lights.