Fog Light Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
What are you guys using for fog lights?
I want to replace the factory fog lights on my sport as they are really the only chrome left on the front and the lenses are faded badly.

Thinking about mounting a set of 70mm Morimoto XB but wanted to see if there are other options.

The truck is currently at a buddies so I'm going off of what I've googled that they are 3" lights.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Most end up going with pods as they're cheaper and easier to rig up. Never heard of someone using a straight up projector for the fogs, but it makes sense.

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i think morimoto is releasing a fog light housing with a projector any time now. id wait and see what its all about when its released!

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Guess I can be patient and keep looking.

Can anyone confirm that they are in fact 3" diameter? I don't have the truck currently.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep I'd wait for TRS to release there Morimoto XB dogs for the 4th gen w/ vertical fogs shouldn't be too much longer till they're in production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Personally i would just go with the universal 70mm pieces like you mentioned earlier. Mounting would be easy enough and they'll work well.

Myself i run a plug and play LED bulb in 4th gen HD fogs matching my bumper and i couldn't be happier. Kinda hilarious because I'm one of the biggest opposers of plug s and play bulbs

jlbayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 & 1997
Engine
5.9l cummins
I have pnp hids in my fogs currently from ddmtuning.com. I do not use them much anymore however due to my projector retrofit headlamps. On another forum a gentleman did a set of retrofits for his fogs. Looked very nice.

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
My headlights aren't as terrible as I was expecting. Built them just to look cool and the output is actually pretty decent so I'm not as hard pressed to find a really good fog light although I probably will.
I'd be pretty excited if I could fit a 3.5"