Frame swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Fingers are crossed that everything goes well during the inspection

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
And the problem is back. Shop just called to let me know that it lost power. Had them pull the fuse and then disconnect the battery and the fuse but still nothing.

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Pcm connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At this point I have no idea. When I got it to work yesterday I pulled that one fuse and it was good after that.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
try what i told you. to me it really sounds like a bad connection on the main power wire between the battery and power distribution center especially since stuff in the cab stops working also. i know i have dealt with more than my fair share of bad battery connections which is why when i buy batteries i switch to side post terminals. most aftermarket battery terminal clamps especially the painted ones like you have are junk. i would maybe even check the store to see the price on a new main power cable/clamp setup is. i know they are usually about $10 for a pretty long one but you might be able to get a 2ft one or something like that cheaper since i doubt you really need one that is super long.

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
try what i told you. to me it really sounds like a bad connection on the main power wire between the battery and power distribution center especially since stuff in the cab stops working also. i know i have dealt with more than my fair share of bad battery connections which is why when i buy batteries i switch to side post terminals. most aftermarket battery terminal clamps especially the painted ones like you have are junk. i would maybe even check the store to see the price on a new main power cable/clamp setup is. i know they are usually about $10 for a pretty long one but you might be able to get a 2ft one or something like that cheaper since i doubt you really need one that is super long.
What type of clamp would you suggest? Going to check it out after work tomorrow.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
either a crimp or solder on battery terminal would be the best route but might almost need a shop to do either. i really found the coated clamps like you have the absolute worst connection ever even tho they look nice. even just a plain non coated ones seemed to work more reliably than the coated ones but i find they have issues eventually. if you only have 1 wire from the battery to power distribution center than i would look just getting a new molded battery terminal/cable.
4BC41X_Primary__ra_p.jpg

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Well, got it to start and got the inspection done.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Did you find out what the problem was?

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Maybe? Pulled the negative and then removed the fan fuse. Hooked up the battery started it and put the fuse in.

I hooked a toggle switch up to the run wire for the fans. I've been starting the truck before turning the fans on and I turn them off before I shut off the truck. So far no issues.

Well, there is 1 problem. Apparently the throttle valve lever and return spring vanished. Noticed it wasn't shifting right and was thinking the TV cable needed adjusted. Looked under the truck yesterday and saw the cable hanging and the lever missing.

Thought I tightened it when I hooked it up. Gotta make a trip to the pull it yard today since a new one from the dealer is $140 for some reason.

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Much better now. Sounds good at wot and gets up to speed pretty quick.

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Ugh, have codes p0300, p0302, p0304, and p0308. So it seems that one side of the engine is misfiring. Could definitely feel and hear it. Going to pull the plugs once it cools down

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Well cylinder 2 has an issue the other plugs in that side looked clean. There is also a hairline crack on the insulator but that could have been from me removing it
deda75843fbbcb49d5167cc155ccead3.jpg
edb0126bce263f51fee00df8a447b872.jpg

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the injector. Hopefully it’s not stuck open. My o2 sensor shorted and all 8 plugs looked like that... the fact it was running right then started acting up might be something to think about. Have you done anything recently too any wiring or anything

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Check the injector. Hopefully it’s not stuck open. My o2 sensor shorted and all 8 plugs looked like that... the fact it was running right then started acting up might be something to think about. Have you done anything recently too any wiring or anything

Been driving it to work. Happened on my way into work last night. It was driving well and then it started acting up.

OP
OP
Micchi

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Pulled the valve cover off and turned the engine over by hand. The cylinder 2 exhaust valve doesn't move. The arm moves slightly but the valve doesn't open