Gettin Naked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Not that naked ya pervs. lol:roflsquared:

The truck will be going naked this spring. I will be putting the truck into the shop in the next week for some repairs. And while it is in there they are going to remove the sport decals the 4x4 on the side, the tailgate dodge and 4x4. Still deciding on taking the 1500 off the sides.

On a side note I need to do something to cover the holes in the wheel wells. I'm not a fan of flares but that is the only thing I can think to cover them and seal them. anyone else have some ideas??

When I get her back from the shop she will look like this.
debadge.jpg

Last edited:

dodgeram07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how high are the holes? i didnt look in person,,,,, ebay sell those chrome fender trim, if they work but you dont like the chrome you can paint then balck or red

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
what holes are you talking about Tony? The ones on the inner lip of the wheel well?

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Exactly Adam. Right under the lip is where the old sport flares and boards were. I hated the look. I looked like an old man truck. But now with the holes being exposed they are starting to rust more than I care. I don't want to spend gobbs of money to repair all the dang holes. So I guess I will have to cover them up. I have heard you can get stuff that will stop rust any ideas??

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
I have a couple in mine from the old man running boards...you could always paint some screws red...silicone the threads...screw them in....done...

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I never thought of that!! Great idea!! I think a trip to ace is in order!!

So what do you all think of a naked 2nd gen?? Think it will look ok??

Last edited:

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
it will look good...you should paint your bumper cap up front...and your tail light bezels...

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Not sure what I'm doing with the tails yet. I was gonna swap out for some LED's but not sure yet. I have colormatched tails that came with the sport upgrade. But I don't like plain tails. Not to mention I like how the black breaks up the rear.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
To his deaf dog... as he picked up his hammer and saw. lmao