Grille plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So unless somebody can show me where I can find a grille like this 09-12 Dodge RAM 1500 Black ABS Plastic Mesh Sport Grill / Grille Guard for our trucks that'd be awesome because I can't find any, except for the dumb looking ones that are split down the middle that I see on cummins...what I want to do is make my own. I was thinking about getting a grille from the JY and hacking that up for a test run. I would cut out the T and make the whole middle open. Only dilemma would be the open holes where I'd cut off the plastic. How would I cover those holes? Plastic w/ chrome tape?

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ahh I never noticed the codes grille. Thanks guys for the info. For my idea I was gunna set the grille insert more into the grille than flat but seeing how non deep the plastic is I might to rethink my plan of attack. I was thinking about making a small side all the way around the grille( like a shallow box) and using that side to mount the mesh on the inside of the plastic grille, catch my drift?