Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Thinking I should replace the headlights cause one of them is a little yellowed. I've always liked the look of halo style lights but not sure how they look on these trucks.
Would yall recommend just getting a new set of stock lights or does anyone have a brand they use and like? Or if there's a way to make it clear again let me know. Guy who use to live next to me used motor oil on it and it cleared it up surprisingly but it didn't last long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADudeOnSkis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2 Magnum
Clear? No. Better? Crest pro health and banking soda.
Most of those halo replacements suck donkey balls. Actually I havent heard much of any don't. I think basslayer has some that he likes. Personally I'd go with a non-halo aftermarket housing and 9004 led bulbs. Make sure the housings are adjustable. My girlfriend just ordered some led bulbs for her Subi via Amazon, should be here soon. Let you know how they work out.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
If you get new housings get either stock replacements, sport 2 bulbs, or ebay brand 2pc. I have the eBay brand 2pc with led bulbs and love em. Clearer more reflective than stock but adjust just like stock

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
OE repop stock housings and SBL LED kits work quite well.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Not sure on name of brand. These are what i bought 94 01 Dodge RAM Crystal Chrome Clear Headlights LH RH Assembly Corner Lamps | eBay for $135. Wanted these Dodge 94 01 RAM 1500 2500 Crystal Black Blk Headlights w Corner Lamps Amber | eBay but couldn't find em. Seeing the price and availability I'm so pissed now
A friend of mine, Muddinginamopar has em with LEDs. They're not bad, scatter a bit but nothing like HIDs.
00 sport headlights with led bulbs.

No one has had the stones enough to try this combo yet. lolz :roflsquared:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Annnd so will that kit. lol

Wet sand and clear coat is the only way to go when restoring OE headlights. :word:

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I have some cheap Spec D headlights (euro I think) off of eBay for like $90 that I bought and slapped on a ton of black silicone around the plastic joint. Haven't leaked yet in 11 months, get tons of complements and I basicslly told myself I'd just replace them every 12-18 months because they are so cheap.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
A friend of mine, Muddinginamopar has em with LEDs. They're not bad, scatter a bit but nothing like HIDs.

No one has had the stones enough to try this combo yet. lolz :roflsquared:

I have the chrome ones with SBLs. They do scatter a bit and can be blinding af head on. Not as bad as HIDs that are fully warmed up but not by much lol

I want the sports with em tho

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Never tried that one before... might have to. Any particular clear coat you used?
I haven't done it yet, but one of my friends has on several cars. The clear coat to use is anything that's UV stable.
ChrisFix on Youtube has a good video on sanding and clearing headlights.
I have the chrome ones with SBLs. They do scatter a bit and can be blinding af head on. Not as bad as HIDs that are fully warmed up but not by much lol

I want the sports with em tho

My stockers are nice and spread out, Bartows are the same way.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I haven't done it yet, but one of my friends has on several cars. The clear coat to use is anything that's UV stable.
ChrisFix on Youtube has a good video on sanding and clearing headlights.

My stockers are nice and spread out, Bartows are the same way.

I want sports so bad lol

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yep same. I'm half tempted to but another set of the crappy projectors and make them HID. I miss tne projector look at night but not the halogen output in em
Maybe I just bought really bad ones in particular, but I couldn't adjust mine like at all. Only one adjusting screw. And I just don't like the gap they always seem to leave between headlight and body

EDDNIE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 1500 DEEPWATER BLUE, 1996 INDY RAM, 2019 bighorn
Engine
5.7 HEMI, 5.9
eagle eyes off e-bay