Help Buying Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
The Fierce Attitudes, I think it is a good all round tire, but thats my op.

In the one pix are the tires I am after this summer Michelin XML 325/85R16 (the unmounted ones) very hard to find tire unless you know someone in the Canadian Military that is.

Attachments

• 2014-03-16_10-56-33_385.jpg
    2014-03-16_10-56-33_385.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 61
  • tires2.jpg
    tires2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The Fierce Attitudes, I think it is a good all round tire, but thats my op.

In the one pix are the tires I am after this summer Michelin XML 325/85R16 (the unmounted ones) very hard to find tire unless you know someone in the Canadian Military that is.

Had any luck finding a set of those yet? You've been looking for quite awhile.

I'm running the Mickey Thompson MTZ's. Work pretty good so far, havent gotten stuck in the snow yet with em, and I've gone through some deep(ish) snow. Havent run them long enough to comment on tread ware yet.
20141114_112754_zpshffi6fpg.jpg

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Had any luck finding a set of those yet? You've been looking for quite awhile.

Mr.Johnn123

There was a guy out in your area but he closed his doors and some other guy took over and he is one SOB.

OP
OP
oldsoul

oldsoul

Reaction score
I have checked around and the only place in town with a bubble balancer is the auto shop at the high school. I may have to rethink. Going to the tire shop tomorrow to look around the catalog. I live in mid tn in the foothills of the plateau and we average two snowfalls a year <2 in worth (this year was an exception). We do get a fair amount of black ice though.

I'd vote for a man with a beard.

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
I put 285/75r16 Definity Dakota MTs on my truck and I couldn't be happier with them. Gives me the mean look I was looking for and good traction off the road too. They're a pepboys tire - I got them on buy 3 get 1 free, installed was less than $1000 including alignment. I'd check them out if you're looking at mud terrains.

Arlucian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BFG A/T's all day in my experience if you don't horse your truck around they do great in the snow and ice, then again we don't have wet snow here so you end up getting decent traction in the snow anyways. I ran BFG A/T's on a chevy 2500 lifted 2 in (company vehicle, yes my company vehicle at my last job was lifted) and they did awesome at about 15% tread about illegal. IMO the tire has less to do with traction than the person driving the truck. Edit: wasnt trying to float my own boat there i'm not an exceptional driver but i am safe about it and i've got a lot of patience. Also had BFG A/T's on my old 84 bronco II and i went everywhere in that thing factory LSD and the A/T's got me through mud steep hills w/e it didn't mind it.

Last edited:

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
BFG A/T's all day in my experience if you don't horse your truck around they do great in the snow and ice, then again we don't have wet snow here so you end up getting decent traction in the snow anyways. I ran BFG A/T's on a chevy 2500 lifted 2 in (company vehicle, yes my company vehicle at my last job was lifted) and they did awesome at about 15% tread about illegal. IMO the tire has less to do with traction than the person driving the truck. Edit: wasnt trying to float my own boat there i'm not an exceptional driver but i am safe about it and i've got a lot of patience. Also had BFG A/T's on my old 84 bronco II and i went everywhere in that thing factory LSD and the A/T's got me through mud steep hills w/e it didn't mind it.

I had the BFG AT's on my dakota, they HATED snow and ice. Terrible traction in those conditions, but thats just my experience.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
There is only one thing between your truck and the road, and thats the tires. There is nothing more important than tires, nothing.