Help rear window leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopar03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 99 Ram rear window has a water leak. I first thought it was the third light, but it was not. I called a local glass shop and they told me they can pull the glass and reseal it. The bad news is they told me I have to buy a new piece of glass just to get the black trim that goes around the glass. Does the trim seal the glass, or is the window glued in? They want $240 out the door for glass and trim piece. I called a local dealership and they confirmed they don't sale just the trim. I thought about running silicone around the glass to fix it. Has anyone been thru this? How did you fix it?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I would imagine you could use some silicone around the edge and that it would hold up just fine. Might not look pretty but should work. Something I would do anyways lol

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Silicone, no I would not go that way. More like a marine caulking for underwater use. Look for " life caulk"

OP
OP
M

Mopar03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A body shop told me they had some that is used for sealing Windows. They would do it neatly for $20.00. I'm probably going that route.