Light Bar Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LipRipper3006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm looking to buy a 2000 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Short Bed.
He thinks it's the 5.9 Magnum with around 163,000 miles for $4,500. (Is this a good deal? He said the exterior is a 9/10 and the interior is an 8/10 because its a smoker truck.) I want the truck to look like the one on my profile picture if purchased.

I was looking at light bars for OZ-USA since my friend showed em to me and they are reasonably priced compared to Cree. OZ-USA doesn't make a 52in curved.

Here's the dilemma, my friend said the brackets that come with them aren't good and I need to find a vehicle specific mount. The one my friend has is from Apoc Industries but they only have the brackets for a 52in Curved. DieselPowerGear.com has some but it says "Made to fit Diesel Power Gear Curved Light Bars (Although it may fit other brands, we cannot guarantee it)." They are also twice as much as the Apoc ones.

Do I get the 52in brackets and try to make em fit or chance it with the DP ones?

If you find a bracket that works with mine let me know!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Go with the apoc and get a bar from someplace else. Light bars are a dime a dozen so don't get your heart set on one brand unless you plan on going all for the very best

OP
OP
LipRipper3006

LipRipper3006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm sure this question gets asked quite often but what's the biggest tire I can fit under that dodge with no lift? Some people say a 35 and some say a 33.