Like Driving in Sand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I got brand new Atturo Trail Blazer M/T's put on my truck and when I drove it home it honestly felt like I was driving in sand. For example I would go to the outisde of the freeway line and turn back somewhat quick(it would respond slowly) to get me back in the center of the lane and it almost felt like my back end would break lose as if on snow or ice. But mostly, my truck just feels like it respondes to my steering slower as if in sand...

I got all the wheels balanced and aligned after the new m/t's.

Ive been told mud terrians just do this naturally when they are new but it feels so bad im almost afraid to drive it on the freeway.

OP
OP
M

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Also, on the back passenger side tire, when I push the back end hard from side to side, theres a sound that sounds like the mounting face of the rim is seperating from the hub of the rear axel as if one lug nut isnt tight, but I checked and they are all tight... ( driver aide rear tire doesnt do this)

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
What size did you get? Large tires will slow everything down and make it sloppy.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
If the tire has a block type pattern/made of soft rubber then yes some tires feel squishy. This is common when going to an M/T tire from a A/T tire. What psi is in them?

OP
OP
M

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I got 285/75/16's Atturo Trail Blade(almost identical to Toyo MT) with 40psi in them

ADudeOnSkis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2 Magnum
That's a softer tire, from what little I know about them. Also if you were used to a smaller tire that might be why you're feeling slow response.