OEM Fog Light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemimax

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500 Laramie
Engine
318 5.2L Magnum
Hey fellow Mopar enthusiasts,
I think I got this, just hoping someone might confirm my ideas.
My 1998 Laramie has the slots under the bumper cover to mount the light brackets and it has the stylish grey plastic inserts in the bumper where the fog light will be. The cone portion of that insert is smaller than the light lens and it blocks the installation. Before the light will mount the insert will have to be removed, replaced or modified to accommodate the assembly. I believe I can cut down the cone shaped area of that insert to allow the lens to fit behind it. This must be the PITA part of the project I have seen reference to.

Just looking for someone who had done this mod.
94-01 Dodge Ram OEM Style Fog Lights - Chrome
The lights are an aftermarket 4" kit and look like the OEM. The smaller end at the back of the cone on the bumper insert is 2.5", this part of the grey plastic insert blocks the light bracket from attaching to the metal bumper. It appears the lower grey bumper cover(fascia) has to come off to expose the fasteners for the grey inserts(shields), then remove the inserts and the upper black bumper cover(fascia) and mount the light brackets. At this point will the inserts for the slotted portions of the metal bumper have to be left off, modified or replaced with a different OEM part?
1005922.jpg1005919.jpg

OP
OP
Hemimax

Hemimax

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500 Laramie
Engine
318 5.2L Magnum
Thanks!