Paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crroberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Curious on what the cost would be. I have a 97 3500 SRW. The owner before the previous rattle canned it flat black, maybe gray I'm not sure. I'm
Considering a flat bed for it and I'm wondering what it may cost to have the cab painted.

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Curious on what the cost would be. I have a 97 3500 SRW. The owner before the previous rattle canned it flat black, maybe gray I'm not sure. I'm
Considering a flat bed for it and I'm wondering what it may cost to have the cab painted.

depends on where you go, you could always get that cheap maaco job but i assume you want it to last so go to a highly rated place and get a quote.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
$500 plus, my crystal ball is not working today how about some pix so we can better help u. Like does it have any rust? Dents? colour change?

OP
OP
C

crroberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454467434.699064.jpg it was originally white. The painted about half of the inside of the driver door. But the other side is still white. It has a small dent in the hood on the driver side, no rust. I'd like to just go back to white.

IrocRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know I'm a little late but do you plan on doing it or having it professionally done? Maaco will probably do it for 500-800 for their cheapest job which I have heard they have been getting better. It only goes up from there.

I painted my entire camaro for $500 for paint and supplies. Used my buddies stuff because I didn't have a compressor and gun at the time. It is a pretty good quality paint, I know a few hot rodders who bought it and paid somebody to do the paint job and it cost them $5,000+.

Not sure about your area but I would say $400 on the low end to $1000 high end if you do it yourself. A vehicle that is white is the easiest to paint another color. The darker the color, the more paint it will take to make it look right. Unless you take it down to bare metal everywhere. Which is A LOT of work.

Here's my camaro so you can see the size and compare it to the area you need/want to cover with your truck. The cab and front end of the truck will be about equivalent to my entire car as far as amount of paint needed. I used a 2:1 paint reducer paint. I think I bought 4 quarts and had some left over.

IMAG2159.jpg