Paint Scheme

• Picture 1 (All Red)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Picture 2 (Red w/ Black Rockers)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Picture 3 (Red & Black 2 Tone)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Correct. A gallon of omni is about $175. I paid $190 for a quart of the PPG deltron that I used on my bumpers this weekend. Matching a 2010? Deltron. Total respray on a 18 year old truck, omni.

Interesting.
How many gallons would it take to spray a truck like mine? lol

Ahhh fukkit! Rattle can! :roflsquared:

OP
OP
HighTechRedneck

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
When you say tractor paint are you referring to single stage acrylic enamel? If so, it is durable on an implement application, but base clear is much better suited to an automotive application. A minor scratch can be buffed out of clear coat, on single stage it straight into the color. To each his own, it there's a reason why card haven't been painted in single stage for the last 35 years.

Yep, exactly what I was referring to. And I realize it won't be showroom perfect, even after I wet-sand and buff it. I am mostly looking for a shiny coat of paint that will last a decent while, because it will still end up getting screwed up since I still take it up in the hills, and work with it all the time. Although, I have seen someone take an old faded enamel paint job (like 70s - 80s Chevys), and buff it, making it look brand new again.

Any idea how many gallons it'd take to paint this one as well? This way I can start getting an idea of total cost?

Ahhh fukkit! Rattle can! :roflsquared:

Haha, I don't think I'm crazy enough to do it that way! :roflsquared: Although, if I did, and I scratched it or something, it'd be really easy to match it close! Haha :crazy:

OP
OP
HighTechRedneck

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
If you are real careful, it should turn out alright. I just wouldn't do it on mine. How many cans do you think that you'll use?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have no idea how many can's I've used. lol It USED to be mostly yellow.