plannin next years mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well since I'm done with school I have more mod money. I originally was going to do engine mods this next year but the trucks runnin good now so if it ain't broke don't fix it. So now I'm thinking about doing some exterior mode this year. So what ideas do you all have??? Im thinking getting cab lights tow mirrors and maybe a train horn. What other ideas do you folks have???

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
All good ideas but gotta save pennies to do all those lol. I would love to make it look like my avatar. lol Thought about even doin some red neons to set it off a bit.

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
All good ideas but gotta save pennies to do all those lol. I would love to make it look like my avatar. lol Thought about even doin some red neons to set it off a bit.

If you do neons, i'll delete you off my xbox friends list..... lol. I think you should either lift it or get a badass functional hood.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
If I could find a good looking hood to start with that would be great. I haven't seen many that would look good. I'm just puttin ideas out there. I might do lights might not I dunno yet. I know I have top tear the interior out this summer and clean it up. While I'm in there gonna make a cool custom mod.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
You could do a body lift and not break the bank.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could do a body lift and not break the bank.

Agreed! I'll be the first to say, I used to be the biggest Body Lift hater known to man. I thought they were dumb, and I didn't know why someone would ever do that to a vehicle. Now with that said, my roommate has an F150 and is the biggest tight *** known to man. So a suspension wasn't going to happen and he ended up finding a complete BL for his truck for like 150 (great deal!). So he bought it took it to the farm and installed. Well all I can say is he did a GREAT job in doing it, to the point that you cannot tell its a BL without getting up close and personal. He had 3" taken out of the hitch so it still sits tight with the bumper as well as everything else. So that said I have considered doing a BL, as well after seeing frogs truck that helped too.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hmmmmm ok so now thinkin rims and possibly a BL. Ok so what kind of wheels and tires should I get??? I like to have MT's not AT's. So what type of rims??? i don't want to go any bigger than 18"s

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I have always been a fan of the M/T Classic IIs but up to you. Please dont get Rockstars whatever you do.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
i would rather shoot myself than get a set of rockstars. SOOOOO Overused on a truck. The MT Classic II is a good looking wheel but about every dodge around here has some variation of that. I want something a little different. Still not sure if I would go with a black or chrome rim. I would like to keep my black and red theme going but at the same time I don't want the black accents to take over the trucks styling. I did do a chop a while back on the truck with a set of imitation off road edition wheels and that looked pretty good.

Here's the chop I did a while back. Way before the level and the lights and toolbox. Just after I removed the old man boards.
workinprogress.jpg

I kinda liked the wheels but not 100% sold on them.

Last edited:

dodgeram07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cab lights!!!!!!!!

are your minnors power?

because i got a set of non power tow mirrors, the glass is broke the dealer want 50bucks a mirror for glass,,,,, was going to go to a few glass shopps in town to see want they would want to fix