plannin next years mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
youre already 1/4 of the way there....with the bull bar

True, but I'm pulling it back off and cutting the mounting brackets or making new ones. I don't like how it leans back against the bumper

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
cab lights!!!!!!!!

are your minnors power?

because i got a set of non power tow mirrors, the glass is broke the dealer want 50bucks a mirror for glass,,,,, was going to go to a few glass shopps in town to see want they would want to fix

Yea I got the fancy heated and powered ones. Aparently came with the sport package. I wonder though if I could get the heated and powered glass and modules?? But cab lights I have really considered a set of blacked out Recons. Just takes a lot to drill through a perfectly good roof. But everyone else says that they will look ****. So I dunno.

body lift, bull bar, wheels and tires.....

Bull bar I have been kicking around for a long time but haven't found a style of bar that I like.

I'm gettin that a lot. lol

So for all the lift ideas how high should I go?? I have a 2 1/2" Level up front now.

Last edited:

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Height is completely up to you. My plan was a 4 1/2" suspension and a set of 37's, until I noticed how much front end work I'd need to get ready for any kind of suspension mods. It's not too high, but still big enough to notice it's lifted

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Yea lifting it is a big deal don't know how much cash I will have extra to spend this year. But I'm thinking either lift or wheels and tires. Considering I just got tires I may hold off and try to find a lift. Not sure yet though. Maybe I should just get a couple AAL in the rear to give the illusion that it's really lifted. I'm really thinking cab lights though.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well been looking online at lifts. Debating on what brand to go with. Stories of tuff country and rough country are interesting. I have always liked skyjacker. But is there really that big of a difference???

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
There's a difference in ride quality between brands of lifts. If you've got a shop around that does suspension work, maybe talk to them and see what they recommend for you

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
yea don't know of any around here so looks like I'm gonna do some internet rumormill searchin

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
yea don't know of any around here so looks like I'm gonna do some internet rumormill searchin

I talked to a guy that owns a local 4wd shop and said that Rough Country makes one of the best lifts for 2nd gens. FabTech was a close 2nd

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9