Purple LED turn signals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Debating on getting purple LED front turn signals, but am second guessing it because i dont want cops to harass me... i know with blue or red i would get a ticket but purple seems like it might be pushing it. anyone else have odd color signals?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I wouldn't jack with it because traffic code specifies that turn signals in the front are to be amber or white in color and any other color is illegal.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Its such a tiny little thing that you dont want to get in trouble for. I mean your not even gonna get to see how they look most of the time.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
You could do lights behind the grille tho. Here in Iowa you can have green purple pink even while driving. Just can't have red blue or amber. Simulates emergency vehicles. Can't remember about white.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
You could do lights behind the grille tho. Here in Iowa you can have green purple pink even while driving. Just can't have red blue or amber. Simulates emergency vehicles. Can't remember about white.

I don't know Iowa law but it seems logical that if DOT allows white headlamps in your state that white lights behind the grill would be allowed. The only limitation may be the number of white lights you can have but even that may be limited to brighter lights and not just clearance lights.

In Florida amber or white in front is allowed and red in the rear is allowed. No blue anywhere, no flashing lights other than to indicate a change of direction or hazard. The exception is amber deceleration lights can be placed in the rear that only illuminate when the brakes are applied. No more than 2 driving and/or fog lamps illuminated at the same time. No limitations on clearance lights.

OP
OP
rammanriley20

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
I haven't gotten **** yet for my blue halos and I run them on the road. Idk depends on if a cop wants to be a ****

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452