Reclear coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Hey everyone, the clear coat on my ram is beginning to fade. I'm wondering if anyone has had their clear coat redone and what the average price is for an extended cab short bed. I've been told to do it myself but i want it to look good and I'm skeptical about Maaco.

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
I'm about to have my truck quoted on paint/clear coat and I will tell you how much they are charging.
Maaco's cheap paint process is only one step. It's like a mix between the clear coat/paint. I've heard they're reasonable but far from the best as far as quality. if your clear coat is fading then I would think your paint would be in those spots as well. I would look into getting it painted while you're at it instead of just a clear coat if the clear coat is getting bad enough to want to redo it anyway. But I'm no paint expert I'm sure others will offer their advice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Should be able to wet sand and buff most of it unless it's all the way down to the paint. Them it should be able to be recleared just fine. I could be wrong tho so do some research

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Had mine quoted back in April for $4500. That was total outside of truck redone with bed removed and inside of the door framing repainted. This shop offered a lifetime warranty on the quality of paint guaranteed for life not to fade or clear to come off. Couldn't do it at the time hoping to next year. Mine to is a shortbed extended cab.

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Had mine quoted back in April for $4500. That was total outside of truck redone with bed removed and inside of the door framing repainted. This shop offered a lifetime warranty on the quality of paint guaranteed for life not to fade or clear to come off. Couldn't do it at the time hoping to next year. Mine to is a shortbed extended cab.

Thank god only my front end is fading out, that's a lot of money

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
i had mine repainted when the clearcoat peeled off. do NOT pay less than $2000 for a new paint job because thats what i paid and i literally could have done a better job myself with a rattle can. get a good shop to do it

Reactions: Mop