Repaint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Has anybody had a repaint done on their truck? Considering having it done when I got the money before the body lift, might do it my self but I'd rather have someone else do it and fix the rust spots etc. Wondering what the best vs. cheapest woud be to do. the bottem of my rockers/door insides are severly rusted out, and 3 0f the 4 fenders have rust spots. I'm thinking if I do it myself I figure on etting fender flares anyway so they will cover that up. maybe just a good buffing and clear coat?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I would suggest the lift first. Things have a way of getting scratched if your trying to hurry with an install of any type. Far as repainting it yourself you will need a place to paint it free of dust and any type of air thats moving that could be carrying dust/debris. First step in any good job is the prep work for it to come out looking good.

JP03

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003/1964
Engine
Cummins 5.9
same i would go lift first and then paint just to be safe and flares might cover it but down the road if you dont fix it it can get alot worse

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
same i would go lift first and then paint just to be safe and flares might cover it but down the road if you dont fix it it can get alot worse

might end up being cut out style flares not sure yet.