Replacement headlights for 95 Dodge Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Dargeloh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins Diesel
I am new here, so please excuse me for any mistakes I make. I have a 95 Dodge 3500, dualie diesel. I replaced the old headlights with a set of chrome euro headlights from CARiD. They were a waste of money and aren't any better than the old foggy stockers. Does anyone have some advice on a quality set of replacement lights? Surely there is something out there better than these horrible replacements I bought. The truck is in very good shape and has been well maintained. I wish it had headlights that worked as well as it does. Thank you for any help you can provide.

jsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HIDs or LEDs in stock housings, pretty sure there's writeups for both on here

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
HIDs or LEDs in stock housings, pretty sure there's writeups for both on here

No no no no no no. No.

HID/LED in a factory housing glare and scatter the light. The creates hot spots in the beam pattern and blinds other traffic while being illegal.

To properly run HIDs you must do a projector retrofit. Not difficult and the parts to do so are becoming much cheaper. You can use those headlights you bought already, bake em at 225 for 10 minutes and pry the lens off with a screwdriver, tiny bit of modification with a dremel, bolt the projector in, reinstall the lens.

Here is the difference between HIDs and HIDs done properly. Notice that cutoff line that's below drivers windshields, it carries on for nearly a mile.
download (5).jpg

In the process of doing this it's also the perfect time to do any cool custom work if you're at all interested in that. These were done by a fellow member here.
download (6).jpg

And these are a set another guy asked me to do for him.
IMG_20160426_115457.jpg

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
No no no no no no. No.

HID/LED in a factory housing glare and scatter the light. The creates hot spots in the beam pattern and blinds other traffic while being illegal.

To properly run HIDs you must do a projector retrofit. Not difficult and the parts to do so are becoming much cheaper. You can use those headlights you bought already, bake em at 225 for 10 minutes and pry the lens off with a screwdriver, tiny bit of modification with a dremel, bolt the projector in, reinstall the lens.

Here is the difference between HIDs and HIDs done properly. Notice that cutoff line that's below drivers windshields, it carries on for nearly a mile.
View attachment 76080

In the process of doing this it's also the perfect time to do any cool custom work if you're at all interested in that. These were done by a fellow member here.
View attachment 76081

And these are a set another guy asked me to do for him.
View attachment 76082

ey man, **** yuns! I like my LEDs!

OP
OP
D

Dan Dargeloh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins Diesel
Thank you for your replies. After reading them and some others on someone else's thread I called Jeremy at the Retroshop. Ordered a set of his HID converted lights. I wish I'd of found this Dodge Forum earlier. I'd of save the money I wasted on those other lights.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956