Rocker panel and Lower door covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
My truck has some door rot, all 4 doors. I see those chrome covers they make, does it cover a lot of the door? I need to cover this size hole, can't afford spending 1000 on doors since clean quad cab doors cost a metric ton.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 46

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Do you have access to a welder? Mig or stick preferably. They make covers for the lower door panels, but if you cant find some big enough, you can buy sheets of thin steel and make your own.

These aren't too hard to do the outside, just bend a curve into it, for the inside you can use aluminum or something else, but it wont matter as no one will see it.

Thats the cheap way.

Another option is to goto a junkyard with a grinder, find some pretty clean doors and grind the parts you want off, that way you're paying for sheet metal, not the whole door.

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Yeah you can prob cover most of it with those but it'll get worse quicker

Found these, think they'd be cool. thinking that if i spray the rust with inhibitor or whatever works to stop it's stressing these days I'll have a good shot at hiding the damage and making it look good. Have to measure it up and hope it works. Spray them black if it works and the truck will look beautiful for a while. https://www.realtruck.com/willmore-diamond-plate-rocker-panels/R183932P1999Y790MA.html