Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathan_Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9
I have recently purchased a 98 Ram 1500. I'm not sure if it was lifted or not, but it seems a hassle to climb in it all the time. I've been looking at getting a set of running boards for it. I have been looking at the local junk yard for some cheap used ones but can't seem to find any. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get some cheap or another truck I can get some off of at the junk yard. It's a standard cab short bed. Any help would be great thanks.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Not sure. But autoanything.com has good stuff for not too awful lot compared to other places. Always ebay as well

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Depending on where you live, and what style you like, look around for state used passenger vans. I live in East Lansing, every now and then CMH junks a few passenger vans. Because they deal with both developmentally disabled and mentally ill clients they have super beefy custom running boards. Usually all thats needed is some sand blasting and new paint, or bedliner is what I use. They are usually super easy to retrofit for any vehicle, most of the CMH fleet was E-250s but i've put those same running boards onto friends Chevy's and a couple dodges back when I was going to school.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
When I get to the point where it's a hassle to get in and out of my lifted Ram I should probably just get a mini van like people who use a wheelchair drive. No running boards , ever. :suicide:

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I got mine from real truck.com