Slip on rocker panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROSSHW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8 318cui
Wondering if anyone has put on these slip on rocker panels I've been hearing about easy to do? Good long term fix? Or would full rocker replacements be better.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
If you cut out the rust and use em as a patch piece they're pretty good. Just slipping them over is a waste of time money and energy. As a weld in patch they'll last 5 years or so with proper paint and prep done along with.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
As a weld in patch they'll last 5 years or so with proper paint and prep done along with.

Ya'll get a lot of rust on your vehicles from the road salt? I think I've heard of some guys in the northern states that coated their undercarriage with something that was combating the rust.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Mine already had rust repair done and it only Lateef a 1-2 years. Granted it was really cheap but yes rust is an issue for us. My truck is mostly solid tho and that's with it being owned by my father for 10 years and he did not take care of it at all.

Rusty actually speed up for me. I think i washed out the layer of dirty and mud that was keeping salt out:roflsquared:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
A high pressure hot water and soap undercarriage was station would be ideal... only if someone would entrepreneur it now.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Only problem with that is that as soon as you leave the station any water left on the truck freezes lol. We range anywhere from -30F to 30F. Usually between -5F to 15F

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Only problem with that is that as soon as you leave the station any water left on the truck freezes lol. We range anywhere from -30F to 30F. Usually between -5F to 15F
You make a excellent point, just wish people in the north had better ways of keeping that stuff they spray down off their vehicles.